a message from baliphants
Eating grass is a very common, and natural behavior for dogs. A majority of veterinarians agree that it is not a health concern for your dog, but it is a common worry for dog owners.
There are a lot of reasons dogs may eat grass. Some believe it is to relieve an upset stomach, or maybe just boredom. My dogs tend to eat grass after a lot of exercise or excitement.
All in all; this is nothing to worry about.
Hope this helps!
Eating grass can also sometimes mean that something is amiss in their diet! Can never hurt to ask your vet!
Okay so apparently this is something that is necessary to be addressed…
I’d venture a guess that most people on tumblr have seen this post about corgi mixes floating around. I just want to clear a few things up:
- I made that post because I saw somewhere (like on Buzzfeed or something) a similar post about some uncommon mixed breed dogs. Knowing how much people like corgis on tumblr, I went and googled and found some pictures of some interesting corgi mixes and posted them because I thought they were cute and I thought it might make some people smile.
- It is very hard to identify the exact breeds that make up a mixed breed dog (read: a mutt). Even with genetic testing, it’s not always accurate. However, based on my knowledge of dogs, the breeds the people who originally posted the images that make up the post claim their dogs to be look fairly accurate to me. But again, I can’t be sure. The only way to know exactly what breeds make up a mixed breed is if you knew the exact breeds of both the male and female dogs who bred together.
- People have been claiming I’m advocating that people go out and get designer dogs and… nope. I’ve literally never said that. If you are one of these people that think I am advocating designer dogs or only going to breeders, I would like to remind you that #MuttMonday exists and my first two dogs were shelter dogs and they were wonderful.
- People have also been claiming that breeding certain dogs is considered “animal abuse” to which I would like to remind everyone that this is why you should spay/neuter your pets. If you have an intact male dog (of any breed) and he escapes your yard and happens to meet a female dog who’s in heat (again, of any breed… dogs don’t really care when it comes to that), there’s nothing to stop them from mating. I have no idea if those dogs were bred on purpose, be it physically or via artificial insemination. I literally googled and found those images. But more on the health issues aspect of certain breeds at the end of the post.
- Also, people saying that breeding at all is terrible because there are so many shelter dogs that need homes, here’s the thing: It really boils down to irresponsible breeders. Irresponsible breeders don’t care about the dogs, the pups, or their future owners. They care about money. They will breed as many dogs as they can and sell the puppies to whoever’s willing to pay for them. THAT is reprehensible. If you are going to get a puppy from a breeder, please take the time to find a breeder who cares just as much about the people who will be purchasing their puppies as they do the care of the dogs in general. And, again, spay/neuter your dogs!
It’s really aggravating that I have to clarify this because my blog is not meant to be a concrete source of information about dogs because I am not a veterinarian nor am I a certified trainer. This blog is here to simply spread the joy that a dog can bring to your life via the internet. I just want to make people smile and maybe help a few dogs find a forever home along the way… and also I wanted a place to post the abundance of pictures I have of Samson without annoying my friends and family :P
Any information I have put up here I have been very insistent on clarifying that it is MY personal experience (of which I have quite a bit) but that you should always check with your vet or a trusted dog trainer before making any decisions for your dog.
Also, this did make me realize that I never did post something about some common health problems associated with a lot of the most popular dog breeds, so I will be doing that very soon with the help of my soon-to-be-licensed veterinarian friend (hurray for her!!).
To all the people who have sent positive vibes and support my way, thank you very much!
Now, can we please stop the pointless arguing over something posted on tumblr???
a message from shsl-swiggityswag
Haha hey people have opinions, I just happen to disagree (kinda…) with hers!
And thanks so much! :)
The Internet Has Gone Corgi Crazy
so here’s some weird Corgi mixes
200k notes? Yeah. People like corgis.